WCM Innovation Session - Dyefin process improvement project5 October 2017
Dyefin Textiles has recently conducted a project to address a number of issues in the Fabric Receiving and Preparation areas of their factory.
The project had two key objectives:
- to train an internal team on the process and methodology of process improvement
- to improve process efficiency in terms of workflow, throughput and cost
The project derived several key benefits for the firm, such as:
- improved space utilisation
- increased machine efficiency
- reduction in lost time – personnel and machines
- improved planning
- decreased space and personnel cost
- improved service to the Dyehouse
This innovation session provides an opportunity to understand the methodology used and to observe the benefits derived from this project.
The programme will include:
Introduction to Dyefin Textiles
Project outcomes and benefits