The Skills Development Programme is designed to address two key issues. The first being the development of pre-production skills which determine a company’s ability to position itself as a quick response supplier. The second is the need to upskill management to ensure improved control of the entire pre-production and production pipeline.
Preproduction Skills Development Programme
Preproduction skills have been identified as a key requirement in developing competitive and flexible local value chains. As such, the KZN CTC provides sector targeted preproduction skills training on an annual basis. Different modules are developed for clothing, textile and footwear member firms. The training touches on topics such as planning, pattern making, raw material preparation and raw material technology.
Management Training: Team Responsibility And Competitiveness Evaluation (TRACE)
TRACE is a SETA registered skills programme. TRACE enhances the lean management capabilities of team leaders and managers throughout the clothing, textile footwear and leather industries.
The goals of the TRACE programme are to:
- Provide learners with the skills to understand the principles and basic implementation process of lean in the workplace
- Ensure that these skills translate directly into the organisation’s operational competitiveness and efficiency
The course is conducted over 8 weeks and covers the following topics:
- Continuous Improvement & Problem Solving
- 5S – Communication & Visual Performance Management (VPM)
- Total Quality Management
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Project Management